This is a project that really required our thinking caps! While the project on the surface seems quite straight forward, the devil is in the detail.
Screen roller blinds were fitted throughout to assist with glare reduction and insulation. We used a fire retardant sunscreen that can be kept clean by wiping with a wet cloth, making the product very serviceable in this chemical laboratory.
Now this is where it gets tricky . . . . no screws were permitted to be used for the installation of the blinds. Due to window warranties, fixing had to be done by methods that did not alter the frame in any way. To further add to the challenge, the roller blinds were large, up to 3 metres wide by 3 metres high. This meant the blinds were heavy, further compounded by chain operated mechanisms which put additional load on the fixings.
After extensive R & D we provided a solution whereby we used specialty, high-tech adhesives to fix the brackets. The adhesive, surface prep and install method where all integral to the success of this project.